Noted pianist Osmar Milito is owner of a strong harmonic sense, and has collaborated with amongst others Liza Minelli, Sammy Davis Jr., Pat Metheny, Cláudio Roditi, Hendrik Meurkens, Tony Bennett, Sarah Vaughan, Benny Golson, Spanky Wilson, Mark Murphy and Hermeto Pascoal.
Brother of Hélcio Milito (from the Tamba Trio), Osmar became a professional in 1964, backing Elis Regina, Silvinha Telles, Leny Andrade, Nara Leão, Paulo Moura, Edison Machado, Maria Bethânia, Gilberto Gil, Vinicius de Moraes, and Jorge Ben. After spending a season in Mexico, Milito settled in the U.S. for two years, during which he accompanied Sergio Mendes. Returning to Brazil in the '70s, Milito continued to work with top MPB artists such as Chico Buarque, Ivan Lins, and Nana Caymmi, and instrumental musicians such as Pascoal Meirelles, Márcio Montarroyos, Mauro Senise, and Paulinho da Costa.
I was going to post an individual film score by Milito but this fine album sports tunes taken from several Brasilian Novelas or soundtracks of which he recorded many and ably demonstrates the man's knack for penning hip, catchy and soulful bossas.
1) As Moças (Carinhoso)
2) Encabulada (O Primeiro Amor)
3) Hey Shazam (O Primeiro Amor)
4) Mandato (Selva de Pedra)
5) Corpo Sano Em Mente Sã (Selva de Pedra)
6) O Bofe (O Bofe - Abertura)
7) América Latina (Selva de Pedra)
8) Porcelana, Vidro e Louça (O Bofe)
9) O Primeiro Amor (O Primeiro Amor -Abertura)
10) Podes Crer (O Primeiro Amor)
11) Vou Disparar (O Primeiro Amor)