Pianist, saxophonist, flautist, arranger and film composer, Polish Jazz legend Wlodzimierz Nahorny was born in 1941 and made his debut on stage in 1959. The ubiquitous Nahorny is to be found on many of the most important Polish jazz recordings and similarly graced many a star-studded festival line-up throughout Europe, U.S. & Asia during the sixties and seventies. In 1966 he received a prestigious modern jazz laureate in competition in Vienna.
The Polish Muza record label is a firm favorite of mine, with a dazzling output of both traditional and like this album timeless modern jazz classics. This fine LP boasts many nice tunes and has a dreamy, melancholic flavour but nevertheless that vital component so essential in meriting a post on this blog. The highlight for me being the laid-back groove of the 'Hole In The Ground' theme.
1) Jej Portret (Her Portrait)
2) Powiedzielismy Juz Wszystko (We've Said Everything)
3) Cala Jestes W Skowronkach (There Are Skylarks All Over You)
4) Melodia Z Filmu ''Dziura W Ziemi'' (Theme From The Motion Picture ''Hole In The Ground'')
5) Taki Dzien (What A Day)
6) Mowily Mu (They Told Him)
7) Niech Pan Mi Nie Odslania Wnetrza (Leave Me Alone)
8) Wroce Do Ciebie (I'll Be Back)
9) Jest Warszawa (But Warsaw Still Is)
10) Obok Nas (Beside Us)
11) Wlasnie Tego Dnia (This Very Day)
12) Trzymajac Sie Za Rece (Holding Hands)