Monday, November 06, 2006

Uncommonly good Werther!

Werther - Werther Stylo SSLP-1 (1970)

Here's one you don't see too often. A rare slice of jazzy bossa on the obscure Stylo label.

Werther (acoustic guitar &,vocals); Tranka (acoustic bass, tenor sax, piano); Luiz Roberto (drums); Bill Horne (flute, trumpet, melophone); Wanda, Helo, Malu, Carreteiro and Rupp (male/female chorus) with guest musicians featuring Edison Machado (drums); Naná Vasconcelo (percussion); Boi (bongo) and Toninho Silva (acoustic guitar).

With songs by Werther/Gil, Ricardo Arnt, Arthur Verocai/Paulinho Tapajós, Toninho Horta, Caetano Veloso and others. Slick, infectious and haunting - this LP delivers on several fronts.

1) Terça-Feira
2) Leilão
3) Catavento
4) Mudança
5) Litoral
6) Estuário
7) Mararia
8) Lenda
9) Aprestentação
10) Rei Do Chão
11) Dimensão
12) Ave Maria

18 comments:

Quimsy said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/2222607/Werther_-_Werther__1970_.zip

Anonymous said...

Thank you Brother. This is the best blog I've been on. Your music choices are insperational to say the least. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is one of my favorites. I love your choices and tastes in music. Unfortunately, there is a pop up that comes up now that crashes my computer everytime I try to visit your blog. Whoa.......depressing! Also, I REALLY want to hear the Werther LP, and its not available anymore. IF you could possibly try to re-up it would be GREAT. I think I could click really fast on the link before I crash and get it.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I tried a second time and I was able to get it.
Thanks, for such great treats.

Still the pop ups up top are annoying. Anyone else finding this too?

Quimsy said...

Users' setups are all configured differently when it comes to handling activeX controls - and it's this that is causing the odd problem for some of you.

Rest assured I will be trying to smooth out the niggles as best I can...

q.

R. said...

This is a beautiful record. Many thanks!

J Thyme...kind said...

Any chance of another snapshot of the cover?

Domingos Junior said...

This album is amazing! Really great!

Mr. D&C said...

Million thanks for this album!!!!

pawlyshyn said...

I can't get this -- it says the file was deleted by the uploader. What's up?

Anonymous said...

I know that you are probably busy building your new website, but is there any chance you could repost this album? I love all your other music and really would like to hear this as well. thanks for the great music.

Anonymous said...

Please! New link. This is dead. Send me new link, please!
estenopeica@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

New link,please!

Unknown said...

oh for a re-up! i've heard tell of this album throughout the hallowed halls of the internets. but to hear this record just once, i would die happy.

Anonymous said...

you should delete the post if it hasn't got a working link bozo

anomia said...

My goodness, insulting someone is sure to make them do what you want....right?




thanks for the wonderful shares!

this needs a reposting, please.

nappyafrocuban said...

yes! what anomia said! and PLEEEAAASSSEEE find a way to repost this one!!
thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

found it here:
http://edisonmachado.blogspot.dk/2007/12/werther-1970.html